Additional Degree in Engineering

Are you a B.Tech/B.E holder in any engineering descipline (say Electronics Engg) ? You can take an additional degree (say in Civil Engg) through AMIE. They can appear for AMIE examination at any center and when they clear certain number of subjects they get another degree in engineering !! The procedure is very simpple.

Who is eligible?

B.Tech/B.E holders from recognized university, no mark restriction.


Step 1. Apply for 'Associate Membership'.To become an "Associate Member", download, print out and fill up"application form to become Associate Member".

Step 2. Seek help from any 'Supporter' known to you to verify your photograph and signature. A supporter is normally a senior AMIE/MIE/FIE holder who will introduce you to the engineers community called the IEI (Institution of Engineers, India ).

Step 3. Pay fee of Rs 3200/- as DD, drawn in favour of "The Institution of Engineers (India)" payable at Kolkata. This is the fee for registering as an Associate Member.

Step 4. Filled up appplication form along with fee and necessary documents (Proof of age and qualification)are to send to IEI Kolkata. Once your membership is granted you become an AMIE, (viz Associate Member of Institution of Engineers) in the same branch of your B.Tech.

Step 5. Once you became an Associate Member (AM) now are eligible for appearing for Section B examinations of IEI.

AMIE Syllabus for Holders