- Study Materials
- We Are
- Contact Us
If you were not able to clear Section A or Section B in the stipulated period of six years, don't loose hope, you can re-register for AMIE and continue your studies. You will get another six years !
As per Examination Rules the maximum period allowed for passing Section A or Section B Examination is six years. Candidates, who did not clear all subjects in Section A/B in six years time can apply for Examination Re-registration.
Before applying for Examination Re-registration, Candidates are advised to read the following carefully:
The validity of registration (ST/T) is for six years or 12 examination chances. If your 12 examination chances have already elapsed, you are eligible for re-registration. Hence candidates whose date of enrolment is prior to 28/2/2010 are eligible for re-registration.
If you apply for re-registration, your membership status will be updated. You can apply for examination and after clearing all subjects you can become a graduate engineer!
If your re-registration has beed done successfully, you can appear for examination from the next immediate sesstion.
Candidates are advised to apply for the same latest by April 10, failing which they will not be eligible to appear in Summer 2016 Examination.
Section A candidates, who couldnot pass all subjects in Section A in six years, can apply for re-registration. They will get another six years for clearing all subjects in Section A. But subject(s) already passed if any, shall be forfeited.Six years period shall be counted from Summer examination. For example, if six years period of a candidate expired in Winter 2013 examination, re-registration period of six years shall be counted from Summer 2014 irrespective of the month and year the candidate submits his application during the currency period of re-registration.
Interested candidates, should apply for Examination Re-registration . The application form can be freely downladed from this webpage.
Documents Required (Section A Re-registration)
Following particulars are required for re-registration
1. Filled up Re-registration form
2. Copy of (Expired) Identity Card
3. Copy of Mark sheet of last AMIE exam appeared (if any)
4. One passport size photograph.
5. Demand draft of Rs 2500/- (for students in India, 200 USD for overseas) drawn in favour of 'The Institution of Engineers (India)', Payable at Kolkata.
6. Filled in application for address change (if needed)
Before sending application form to IEI Kolkata, candidates should get his signature and photograph verified by a supporter.
Section B Candidates, who did not pass all subjects in Section B in six years, can apply for re-registration in Section B Examination retaining their Section A status.
By re-registering they will get another six years time to clear all subjects in Section B. In such cases, Section B subject(s) already passed if any, shall be forfeited and they would need to pass ALL subjects in Section B. Also, they would be required to do project work and the laboratory experiments during the six-year period of Examination Re-registration.
They would be required to submit two application forms and two Demand Drafts. One is for Registration of Section B with a demand draft of Rs. 4500/-(US $ 300 for overseas candidates), and another one is Application for Examination re-registration with a fee of Rs. 2,500/-. Hence total fee is s 7000/-.
Documents Required (Section B Re-registration)
1. Filled-in application for Section B REGISTRATION.
2. Filled-in application for Examination Re-registration.
3. Copy of Mark sheet of Section A passed.
4. Copy of Mark sheet of last Section B exam appeared (if any).
5. Demand draft of Rs 4500/- drawn in favour of 'The Institution of Engineers (India)', Payable at Kolkata.
6. Demand draft of Rs 2500/- drawn in favour of 'The Institution of Engineers (India)', Payable at Kolkata.
7. Both application forms must be attested by Supporter.
On receipt of the application for examination re-registration and registration for Section B, as applicable, with requisite fee, a new identity card shall be issued to all such candidates.
The pre-mature re-registration is a scheme by which a candidate can apply for re-registration even before the expiry of
6 years' Validity period. But under the following conditions, a candidates can apply for pre-mature re-registration.
1. Candidates applying for pre-mature re-registration must have completed minimum 5 years (10 exam chances) after enrolment.
2. Section A Diploma stream are NOT eligible for pre-mature re-registration.
3. If the number of subjects not cleared (in Section A or B) is 5 or more and the number of remaining exam chances are only one, then the candidate is eligible for premature re-registration.
4. If the number of subjects not cleared (in Section A or B) is 9 and the number of remaining exam chances are two, then the candidate is eligible for premature re-registration.
5. Subjects already passed shall be forefieted. As for Section B candidates, their Section A pass status will remain unchanged.
6. Fee is Rs 2500/- in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of 'The Institution of Engineers (India)', Payable at Kolkata.
7. Fresh registration period shall be counted from Summer examination of the year in which a candidate submits his / her application .
ST/T members, who have lost their Identity Cards issued by the Institution/possess defective Identity Cards/changed their recorded addresses, can apply for new Identity Card.
The application must be sent to the Headquarters along with a demand draft of Rs150/- and documents as stated in the format. The draft must be in favour of The Institution of Engineers (India), payable at Kolkata.
Note: The candidate must apply at least 90 days prior to the commencement of any Examination.
Application for Replacement of ID Card